Promoting the proper
treatment of animals
- Compliance With Laws: Employees of this facility adhere to current federal, state and local laws and regulations to insure proper livestock handling.
- Employees: Employees of this facility are experienced and instructed in the proper care and handling of livestock.
- Shipping of Livestock: We recommend that consigners and truckers move livestock properly and humanely to avoid injury and excessive stress.
- Livestock Inspection: Livestock received at this facility are inspected by a licensed veterinarian. Livestock that can not be humanely marketed will be appropriately handled under the direction of the inspecting veterinarian.
- Injured Livestock: Should livestock become injured at this facility, they will receive prompt and appropriate treatment as prescribed by a qualified veterinarian. Livestock determined to be beyond recovery will be euthanized or moved to a slaughter facility.
- Facilities: This market maintains facilities conducive to safe and proper care of animals.
- Adequate Feed and Water: Livestock held over night will have access to feed and water.
- Inhumane Treatment Prohibited: Improper handling or inhumane treatment of livestock at this facility is prohibited and should be reported immediately to management.